Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Turn away now, please. Really.

I am reeling. And nothing to do with it being the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns' birth. I'm also cringing because I know I'm about to do a bit of blatant self-publicity and I am incredibly cautious about that but in this case how can I not do it? I have just been pointed in the direction of an amazing podcast. Amazing for me because if I was to pay someone to say nice things about me (where do I send the cheque?) they wouldn't say anything as nice as this. So, if you don't want to listen, just don't. Please. I mean that. I recommend that you only listen if you actually vaguely like me and wish me slightly well.

http://podcast.litopia.com/2009/01/27/litopia-daily-133-tin-guts-notebooks/

But if you do, make sure you choose the right one: No 133

Only two weeks ago, when I started the blog they refer to, I had no idea it would be picked up so quickly. But I have just loved writing it. There's something about blogs that's so immediate - unlike writing a book, which is SO difficult and takes SO long and then you have to wait SO long for publication day and by the time you get any feedback you have forgotten entirely what it was about.

Anyway. That's it. Off to lie down with some bits of cucumber over my eyes. I think this also calls for substantial chocolate.